COVID-19 Guidelines 2022: Updated 27th Jan 2022
Keeping you safe during your visit
We welcome the lifting of social distancing restrictions that will enable us to operate at full capacity once more. However, we want to reassure customers, staff, volunteers, and artists that we are focused on a collective duty of care to each other, and we will take a cautious approach over the coming weeks and months.
Latest from Government website (27th January 2022 update)
COVID-19 remains a serious health risk. You should stay cautious to help protect yourself and others.
- Let fresh air in if you meet indoors. Meeting outdoors is safer.
- Wear a face covering in crowded and enclosed spaces where you come into contact with people you do not normally meet.
- Get tested and self-isolate if required.
- If you haven’t already, get vaccinated.
Keeping you safe during your visit to The Place Bedford
In the light of the revised instructions from the government on social distancing and other COVID measures in the theatre from the 27th January 2022, we have updated our guidance notes ahead of your visit.
Before your visit:
- Please do not attend any event if you have developed any of the Coronavirus symptoms.
- Please continue to pre-book your tickets through our website so we can control numbers attending.
- We have returned our seating capacity to 100%, but wherever possible, we encourage you to keep social distancing of 2m or 6ft, within the foyer & auditorium areas.
If you or someone in your party tests positive and cannot attend the show, we can only refund tickets if we are able to re-sell them to someone else.
If a performance is cancelled or postponed, we will contact everyone who has booked to offer a ticket transfer to any new dates or offer a refund.
- There is no longer a requirement to ‘Check In’ using the NHS Track and Trace app or by leaving contact details.
- For everyone’s comfort and protection, please continue to practice reasonable social distancing within the building where possible. In line with Government advice, we would recommend that face coverings should be worn when inside the theatre auditorium and when moving around the building, unless eating or drinking.
- We ask that you respect the decision of our staff who wish to continue to wear face masks, face shields and other PPE while in public facing areas.
- We will continue to have hand sanitising stations around the building. Please do use these on arrival and departure.
- Our bar will be open and we will accept cash, but contactless payment by card is still advised and preferred to reduce the handling of money which increases the possibility of cross-infection.
- For any show intervals, we ask that you pre-order any interval drinks to avoid overcrowding in the bar and foyer areas.
Regular cleaning & ventilation:
We will be undertaking an enhanced cleaning schedule. All customer facing areas will undergo rigorous cleaning at regular intervals (before, during and after your visit). This includes high contact surfaces, such as toilets, tables/chairs, handrails and door handles etc.
To ensure a good supply of fresh air within the foyer and Auditorium areas, we will keep doors and windows open (where possible).
Due to higher levels of ventilation, the venue (including the auditorium) may be cooler in temperature than usual. We recommend that all customers wear suitable layers, in order to mitigate this possibility.
Thank you for being considerate to others, helping us to keep everyone safe, and giving us the best possible chance to keep The Place Theatre open.
Please note that these measures may vary from time to time. We will continue to monitor Government guidance and update ticketholders with any event specific measures required.