OPPORTUNITY FOR YOUNG WRITERS AT THE PLACE BEDFORD!
Do you enjoy WRITING? Do you LOVE theatre? Are you aged between 9 and 25? Then keep reading!
The Place Bedford is looking for resident review writers!
We are holding a competition for three age groups: (9-12), (13-16) and (17-25), giving up to 6 of Bedford’s best young writers an amazing opportunity.
The winners will become our resident review writers for our 2020/21 season (Autumn 2020 to through to Summer 2021) and their writing will be published across our social media platforms.
What will the winners get?
● Free tickets to at least one show per season (of your choice) as Resident Reviewer
● Press passes to our Christmas production preview
● A welcome workshop/afternoon tea with the team at The Place
● Mentorship and development throughout the year
● Feedback on every review written
● Their articles published across all our social media platforms (and possibly other publications)
● The opportunity to attend Fringe shows at The Vault Festival in London, Spring 2021
● The chance to feel like a part of the inspirational team at The Place
1. Submit a review of any theatre performance. We recommend it should be roughly 200 words or more. There are hundreds of performances now streaming online – many of them are free! Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for suggestions.
2. Email this to the Reviews team stating your name, age, school and contact details.
DEADLINE: FRIDAY 17th JULY
We look forward to hearing from you!
Looking for help writing your review?
Check out these useful resources that we’ve put together to help inspire young people to think about how to write interesting, informative and insightful reviews of theatre