The Place Theatre is looking for a new team of resident reviewers!
Now entering its fifth year, the Resident Reviewers programme at The Place Bedford is running a competition to find up to 6 of Bedford’s best young writers and critics in three age groups: (10-13) (14-16) and (17-25).
The winners will become our resident review team for our 2023/24 season (Autumn 2023 through to Summer 2024) and their writing will be published across our social media platforms.
What will the winners get?
- Free tickets to at least one show per season as Resident Reviewer
- Press passes to our Christmas production preview
- A welcome workshop/afternoon tea with the team at The Place
- Mentoring and development throughout the year
- Feedback on every article
- Their articles published across all our social media platforms
- The chance to feel like a part of the inspirational team at The Place
To apply writers must:
- Submit a review of any performance or event (live, online, digital, music, film, tv, theatre, musical, etc) that you really enjoyed. Remember to tell us why you liked it and what made it special for you. We recommend it should be roughly 200 words or more.
- Send this to email@example.com stating your name, age, school or college (if applicable) and contact details.
DEADLINE: FRIDAY 14th July 2023
Looking for help writing your review?
Check out these useful resources that we’ve put together to help inspire young people to think about how to write interesting, informative and insightful reviews of theatre
Resident Reviewers T&Cs
This competition is open to entrants aged 10-25, except employees of The Place, their families, or anyone professionally connected with the Promotion.
The competition will be open for entries to be submitted until 11:59pm on 14/07/2023. Any entries outside of this period will not be eligible.
The resident reviewers will be chosen by a selection team from The Place and their decision is final.
Entrants must be willing and able to review at least one show per season at The Place Theatre, Bedford.