We try to keep you all informed about all of our great shows, events, workshops and community activities that we have going on at The Place Bedford.
We publish regular blog posts from our Young Reviewer’s Scheme, which can be found at our Backstage blog here.
Also, did you know that we have a regular podcast that we publish every month? It’s filled with behind the scenes conversations with members of the team here at The Place Bedford. If you want to know more about why we programme the work we do, what has inspired the artist we work with to create their work, or any insights into the day-to-day work at the venue we recommend giving it a listen.
- Haste Theatre 30th June 2020In this episode of The Place Podcast, we come together from all over the country (and beyond!) to talk to the members of Haste Theatre about what brought them together, how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected them and their state of the art technical set-ups for livestreaming.The Place Bedford
- A Day In(doors): Bethany Bean 11th June 2020In this episode of The Place Podcast, we talk to Beth Bean about her experience of college being cancelled and her decision to do care work during the COVID-19 pandemic.The Place Bedford
- Lamphouse Theatre 2nd June 2020In this episode of The Place Podcast, we talk to Becky and Tom from Lamphouse Theatre about the origins of the company, what they have been doing during the lockdown period and the technical difficulties that come with moving your projects to the digital world.The Place Bedford
- A Day In(doors): Dave Hodgson 12th May 2020In this episode of The Place Podcast, we talk to Bedford Mayor Dave Hodgson about the struggles, both personally and professionally, of the current public health crisis, as well as the positives that could come out of it.The Place Bedford
- A Day In(doors): Lissy Malt 9th April 2020In this episode of The Place Podcast, we talk to Lissy Malt, one of the team members at The Place, about the challenges of the current public health situation. We explore how it has affected what we do at The Place and how we do it in a very candid conversation.The Place Bedford
- If We've Never Been to the Moon & The Naughty Fox 4th March 2020In this episode of The Place Podcast, we talk with producer Hannah Farley-Hills about her shows ...If We've Never Been to the Moon? and The Naughty Fox, and discuss her experiences with starting a company and venturing on a tour as the first production.The Place Bedford
- Speaking Out and Fitting In 4th February 2020In this episode of The Place Podcast, we talk to Alice d’Lumiere about their new show Speaking Out and Fitting In, as well as their journey as writer, artist and...aerialist!The Place Bedford
- GamePlay Weekend 3rd January 2020In this episode of The Place Podcast, we talk to Alex Levene about the GamePlay project and dive into the reasons why it exists, how it has changed over the years and what it's going to look like in 2020.The Place Bedford
You can also find out more by following our Social Media Channels or signing up to our regular email newsletters.